Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts submission deadline will be 22 de abril de 2022
- All abstracts must be submitted via the congress website form. Abstracts received otherwise will not be accepted.
- You will receive email confirmation that your abstract has been received and will be given access to the website private area to check your submission. If you find any error, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the abstract submission deadline, no changes will be accepted except for typografic errors in names of authors and institutions or centres, for which the deadline is 9 May 2022, 23:59. After that, no corrections of any kind can be made.
Abstracts submission deadline:
22 April 2022
- A first author is allowed to submit a maximum of three abstracts, regardless of the format.
- The number of authors is limited to:
- Instructional courses: 3
- Other presentations: 6
- Papers cannot be submitted in two or more formats (oral/video/poster). In that case, organizers will select the poster presentation.
- The first author of each abstract must be a SEORL member or a member of any of the scientific associations in agreement with SEORL. Presenting authors are also requiered to be members of SEORL/scientific associations in agreement with SEORL and register as participants to the Congress.
- Be sure that the full name of the Hospital or University is correctly included.
- In case one or more of the authors are not ENT specialists, please, notify it by email to congreso.científico@seorl.net.
- In the submission form you will be able to check if you wish your abstract to opt to some of the SEORL awards. Be aware that it must meet the requirements you will (soon) find in the Awards section of this website.
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES FOR EACH ABSTRACT TYPE
- Manuscripts are required to meet international organization guidelines: title, introduction, material and methods, results, discussion/conclusion.
- Manuscripts based on a small number of observations or clinical trials that are not innovative must select the poster format.
- Conceptual oral communications will only exceptionally be admitted.
- Guidelines for the preparation of the presentation during the congress will be sent after abstracts acceptance by the Scientific and Review Committee.
- Manuscripts submitted must be original and not already published in whole.
- Six manuscripts will be selected for the Research Forum session. In the event more proposals are received, the best six manuscripts will be selected and the committee will decide how to disseminate the non-selected ones.
- The selected abstracts will be presented during the Research forum session of the official programme.
- Manuscripts must be submitted through the website form by sending the abstract that will be published in the Congress book of proceedings. Once selected to participate in the session, the full paper must be emailed to email@example.com in either Word or PDF format (8-10 pages, single-spaced, 12-point font) not later than 30 June at 23:59.
- Manuscripts must meet international organization guidelines: title, introduction, material and methods, results, discussion/conclusion.
- Preference will be given to abstracts on funded research projects (FIS, CICYT, Comunidades…) or from PhD dissertations.
- Only papers by residents or specialists who have finished residency within the last 15 years will be selected.
- Courses will be selected with the purpose of encouraging the participation of more members, paying attention to excellence, as is the rule.
- Priority will be given to highest-rated courses in the past.
- Each author will be limited to giving only one course, may he/she be the main director or not.
- The technical guidelines for the instructional courses will be sent after acceptance by the Scientific and Review Committee.
- Abstracts can be submitted in any of the following two languages: English and Spanish, and the presentation must be necessarily in the same language used for abstract submission.
- Abstract title is limited to 250 characters.
- Abstracts must not exceed 3,500 characters.
- To ensure stylistic consistency, authors are kindly asked to:
- Not to leave a blank line between paragraphs in the abstract
- Not to include bulleted lists in the abstract.
- Provide full name of your Hospital/University.
- Include in the abstract the figures or statistics that will be presented at the congress.
SEORL DOES NOT CHECK ABSTRACTS FOR SPELLING OR GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. All the data included in the abstract will be published as received in both the programme and abstract book. You are kindly requested to use the spelling checker before submitting the texts.
In the submission form you will be able to check if you wish your abstract to opt to some of the SEORL awards. Be aware that it must meet the requirements you will (soon) find in the Awards section of this website.
In the Awards section of this website you can see the guidelines and deadlines to apply for the abstracts awards.
Do not forget to check the information uploaded in this section to participate in the announcements.
Failure to follow any of these rules may entitle SEORL to cancel the presentation at the Congress.
Authors failing to attend their presentations or instructional courses for no justified reason can be penalized by the SEORL-CCC, by precluding them from participating as authors in the following two Congresses of the Society.